Wednesday, October 23, 2013

DIY threadbombed ANTLERS & DIY Link Up




 I've seen these floating around the web. I knew immediately upon discovering them, that I had to find a way to get one in my home. There are shops that sell them and to be honest, they look much better than mine, but I don't have the extra money laying around with this adoption.  Who am I kidding, I don't even if there was no adoption. Husband's budget is no joke folks.

So thanks to an abandoned pair of antlers sitting in my parents garage and my brothers skill in killing a deer, I got me a pair of antlers. No worry dear brother reading... I secured the thread (which I already had from old projects) with tacky glue. It can easily come off... the white paint however, well that's permanent. But I expect a thank you, because it looks better than the wood in my opinion. I'm debating painting the brown cover silver... but we all know how indecisive I am.

I love the pop of color it brings to my dining room & the rustic charm. With my table and clock being so industrial and clean, I need some rustic color to break it up. This project cost me ZERO dollars. The best kind of project there is basically.

All you need is a pair of antlers (check craigslist!! or even FB status asking someone if they have an old pair they could give/sell), some thread or yarn, tacky glue, and some creativity with the colors!

If you are looking to buy & not fool with the DIY, I totally suggest this lady (who is actually running an instagram giveaway right now). I swoon over her antlers and only wish mine looked as good as hers! Check out her ETSY for amazing antlers!

that's all for today. Have a DIY you've recently blogged? I wanna see! I'm a sucker for DIY projects. Leave a link below! Just be sure to be a follower before you link up! Thanks:)



No comments:

Post a Comment