Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Fighting Cancer

 http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_40Moz4bxGY/T5TUiTM1V8I/AAAAAAAAKU4/i4MFHMp1eGg/s1600/stjude.jpg

You may or may not know that come December 7th, I will be running my very first half marathon for St. Jude Children's Hospital. Most of you know what St. Jude is and how incredible of a hospital it is. In case you don't, St Jude is a children's Cancer hospital. It is 100% free. Yes, because of donations & races like this, the hospital never turns a child & family away because of financial costs. It's unbelievable.

My sister talked me into running this several months ago (like in May) and I've been training ever since. I'm FREAKING out that the race is only a few weeks away & could not be more excited to support these kids. I can't believe I'm even saying this, but training for this has easily become one of my favorite things. Waking up in the early morning, running to the sunrise, spending time with the Lord as I run, and imagining these kids running with me... I know that all sounds so cheesy, but it's what I really do. I picture their sweet faces, the hope in their eyes, and it fuels me. It usually makes me tear up while I'm running. Thoughts of how easily it could have been me as a patient. How easily it could be C. & it's all by God's grace that we aren't one of those families. I could never imagine the pain and hurt they experience. & the least I can do is run & raise money to support the hospital that gives them FREE care. These kids are my hero.

I need your help. Really, these kids need your help. Their families need your help. Please PLEASE sponsor my race. All proceeds, 100% of all money raised, goes to St. Jude and helping to find a cure for cancer. I mean look at this sweet face, how could you not donate:)




Let's fight cancer, because you know, it SUCKS.

No comments:

Post a Comment